Almost 23bn transport and events tickets will be purchased globally using mobile devices by 2020, Juniper Research predicts, more than double the volume expected this year. “With a number of transport agencies enhancing app capabilities and integrating new payment services such as Apple Pay, the past 12 months have witnessed an increase in mobile ticketing users using apps for payments as well as ticket delivery and validation,” the firm says.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit