Russian online payment service Yandex.Money has added NFC to its Android mobile app so that users can make mobile payments by tapping their smartphone on contactless terminals. “To enable NFC payments, users can simply update the Yandex.Money app on their phones,” the company says. “A virtual MasterCard will be issued to their account automatically — its balance is the balance of the user’s Yandex.Money e-wallet.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments