Russian online payment service Yandex.Money has added NFC to its Android mobile app so that users can make mobile payments by tapping their smartphone on contactless terminals. “To enable NFC payments, users can simply update the Yandex.Money app on their phones,” the company says. “A virtual MasterCard will be issued to their account automatically — its balance is the balance of the user’s Yandex.Money e-wallet.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?