Samsung Pay has teamed up with global point of sale providers Verifone, Ingenico, First Data and Clover, PAX Technology, Equinox, ID Tech, MagTek, USA ePay and OTI Global to accelerate the adoption of the mobile payment service. “The announced partnerships will help systematically test and validate the different POS systems in the field to ensure maximum compatibility and universal acceptance for Samsung Pay,” the company says.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies