Visa has launched Quick Chip for EMV, a technology enhancement that speeds up the checkout time when paying with an EMV card. “The Quick Chip specification is available free-of-charge to payment processors, acquiring banks and other payment networks to offer to merchants,” Visa says. “The upgrade streamlines the processing of chip card transactions to enable customers to dip and remove their EMV chip card from the terminal, typically in two seconds or less — several merchant processors, terminal providers and vendors plan to implement and offer Quick Chip in the coming months.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works