Customers of Banco Santander in Spain can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using their NFC devices and the Santander Wallet mobile app. “The customer can select the card they want to pay for each purchase but, for convenience, they can also choose a favourite to be used by default,” the bank says. “For payments under €20, the PIN code is not required.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?