More than 1,000 restaurants, bars and pubs across the UK are deploying Z-Beacon, a new platform developed by QR code-based mobile payments provider Zapper. The platform uses Bluetooth Low Energy beacons to send out personalised messages, offers and rewards to customers’ mobile devices. Restaurant chain CAU is among the companies installing the technology and has rolled out Z-Beacon to all 17 of its locations across the UK.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills