More than 1,000 restaurants, bars and pubs across the UK are deploying Z-Beacon, a new platform developed by QR code-based mobile payments provider Zapper. The platform uses Bluetooth Low Energy beacons to send out personalised messages, offers and rewards to customers’ mobile devices. Restaurant chain CAU is among the companies installing the technology and has rolled out Z-Beacon to all 17 of its locations across the UK.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations