US retail giant Walmart has begun rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service for iOS devices. The service has been added to the latest update of the Walmart iPhone app, enabling customers to register credit, debit and gift cards for making payments at the checkout. The company announced the launch of Walmart Pay in December 2015 and says that it will be “available in all stores soon”.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments