US retail giant Walmart has begun rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service for iOS devices. The service has been added to the latest update of the Walmart iPhone app, enabling customers to register credit, debit and gift cards for making payments at the checkout. The company announced the launch of Walmart Pay in December 2015 and says that it will be “available in all stores soon”.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’