US retail giant Walmart has begun rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service for iOS devices. The service has been added to the latest update of the Walmart iPhone app, enabling customers to register credit, debit and gift cards for making payments at the checkout. The company announced the launch of Walmart Pay in December 2015 and says that it will be “available in all stores soon”.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow