US retail giant Walmart has begun rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service for iOS devices. The service has been added to the latest update of the Walmart iPhone app, enabling customers to register credit, debit and gift cards for making payments at the checkout. The company announced the launch of Walmart Pay in December 2015 and says that it will be “available in all stores soon”.
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users