Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is to launch an NFC based Xiaomi Pay mobile payment service in partnership with China UnionPay. “The two parties will design a mobile payment product for Xiaomi’s smartphones,” Xinhua News Agency reports, adding that the companies have yet to specify a timetable. The announcement follows the unveiling of handset maker Huawei’s Huawei Pay NFC service that is also set to launch in China.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works