Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is to launch an NFC based Xiaomi Pay mobile payment service in partnership with China UnionPay. “The two parties will design a mobile payment product for Xiaomi’s smartphones,” Xinhua News Agency reports, adding that the companies have yet to specify a timetable. The announcement follows the unveiling of handset maker Huawei’s Huawei Pay NFC service that is also set to launch in China.
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones