Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is to launch an NFC based Xiaomi Pay mobile payment service in partnership with China UnionPay. “The two parties will design a mobile payment product for Xiaomi’s smartphones,” Xinhua News Agency reports, adding that the companies have yet to specify a timetable. The announcement follows the unveiling of handset maker Huawei’s Huawei Pay NFC service that is also set to launch in China.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies