Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is to launch an NFC based Xiaomi Pay mobile payment service in partnership with China UnionPay. “The two parties will design a mobile payment product for Xiaomi’s smartphones,” Xinhua News Agency reports, adding that the companies have yet to specify a timetable. The announcement follows the unveiling of handset maker Huawei’s Huawei Pay NFC service that is also set to launch in China.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones