Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is to launch an NFC based Xiaomi Pay mobile payment service in partnership with China UnionPay. “The two parties will design a mobile payment product for Xiaomi’s smartphones,” Xinhua News Agency reports, adding that the companies have yet to specify a timetable. The announcement follows the unveiling of handset maker Huawei’s Huawei Pay NFC service that is also set to launch in China.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service