More than four in ten mobile users in the UK (42%) feel that NFC mobile payments are not secure, research from Ofcom reveals. “Mobile users are more likely to say that this activity is not at all secure (24%) than say it is completely secure (10%) — around one in five are unsure,” the communications regulator says. The findings also show that 15% of the 1,841 respondents have used their phone to make a contactless payment.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills