PARTNER NEWS: Transaction technology provider Carta Worldwide, PayPal and Vodafone have won the ‘International Program of the Year’ award for Vodafone Wallet at the PX Payments Awards in Canada. “This is the second award win for the new Vodafone Wallet,” Carta says. “In February, the wallet won ‘Best Initiative in Mobile Payments’ at the 2016 Card & Payments Awards.” Vodafone Wallet enabled NFC mobile payments for European users through PayPal in February 2016.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes