PARTNER NEWS: Transaction technology provider Carta Worldwide, PayPal and Vodafone have won the ‘International Program of the Year’ award for Vodafone Wallet at the PX Payments Awards in Canada. “This is the second award win for the new Vodafone Wallet,” Carta says. “In February, the wallet won ‘Best Initiative in Mobile Payments’ at the 2016 Card & Payments Awards.” Vodafone Wallet enabled NFC mobile payments for European users through PayPal in February 2016.
- ST ships its one billionth secure element
- IMF sees negative interest rates in cashless future
- Analysts: 43% of iPhone users have now enabled Apple Pay
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers