PARTNER NEWS: Transaction technology provider Carta Worldwide, PayPal and Vodafone have won the ‘International Program of the Year’ award for Vodafone Wallet at the PX Payments Awards in Canada. “This is the second award win for the new Vodafone Wallet,” Carta says. “In February, the wallet won ‘Best Initiative in Mobile Payments’ at the 2016 Card & Payments Awards.” Vodafone Wallet enabled NFC mobile payments for European users through PayPal in February 2016.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars