PARTNER NEWS: Transaction technology provider Carta Worldwide, PayPal and Vodafone have won the ‘International Program of the Year’ award for Vodafone Wallet at the PX Payments Awards in Canada. “This is the second award win for the new Vodafone Wallet,” Carta says. “In February, the wallet won ‘Best Initiative in Mobile Payments’ at the 2016 Card & Payments Awards.” Vodafone Wallet enabled NFC mobile payments for European users through PayPal in February 2016.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?