Customers of Emirates Islamic Bank can now request account information through social media site Twitter. “Customers will be able to perform select transactions such as balance enquiry, view their last few transactions and make enquiries about their accounts or credit cards with a simple tweet,” the bank says. “To maintain privacy and confidentiality, the bank will only respond to customer queries via a direct message.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform