Nearly three quarters of European retailers and financial institutions (71%) plan to increase their spending on payments technology in the next 18 to 24 months due to increasing competition and a feeling of being “under siege”, research from ACI Worldwide and Ovum shows. “Banks are seen as the primary provider of payment services by European retailers,” says ACI Worldwide. “87% want to work directly with banks.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole