Samsung Pay has enabled ATM withdrawals for customers of Woori Bank in South Korea, the company confirmed at the Samsung Developer Conference 2016. “Samsung said it hasn’t yet announced the feature for other markets,” CNET reports. “Samsung also added support in South Korea for gift cards and for membership cards.” Plans to enable Samsung Pay at Woori Bank ATMs were first unveiled in September 2015.
- Japanese bank pilots blockchain mobile payments in bars and restaurants
- Armani launches Wear OS smartwatch with NFC payments
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements
- Apple to focus on access control for next wave of NFC applications
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia