German loyalty program Payback is to launch a new app in May that will include loyalty points, coupons and NFC mobile payments. “The points via smartphone [function] should be possible at the big Payback partners in a pilot phase in June,” Handelsblatt reports. “The payment function will be based on a QR code and NFC technology. The amount due will be paid by direct debit.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland