German loyalty program Payback is to launch a new app in May that will include loyalty points, coupons and NFC mobile payments. “The points via smartphone [function] should be possible at the big Payback partners in a pilot phase in June,” Handelsblatt reports. “The payment function will be based on a QR code and NFC technology. The amount due will be paid by direct debit.”
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users