The NFC Forum and the Global Certification Forum (GCF) have entered into a cooperation agreement in a step towards providing interoperable contactless public transport access and ticketing using a broad range of NFC-enabled devices worldwide. The announcement supports the recently released Milestone Public Statement and NFC Interoperability Position Paper published jointly by GSMA, Smart Ticketing Alliance and NFC Forum.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?