The NFC Forum and the Global Certification Forum (GCF) have entered into a cooperation agreement in a step towards providing interoperable contactless public transport access and ticketing using a broad range of NFC-enabled devices worldwide. The announcement supports the recently released Milestone Public Statement and NFC Interoperability Position Paper published jointly by GSMA, Smart Ticketing Alliance and NFC Forum.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes