More than 60 contactless transactions took place every second across the UK during the month of February, The UK Cards Association reveals. In total, there were 159.1m contactless transactions, with the average payment sitting at £8.28. “With more than 60 transactions taking place a second, it is clear contactless card payments are becoming ever more popular,” says the organisation’s head of policy Richard Koch.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents