More than 60 contactless transactions took place every second across the UK during the month of February, The UK Cards Association reveals. In total, there were 159.1m contactless transactions, with the average payment sitting at £8.28. “With more than 60 transactions taking place a second, it is clear contactless card payments are becoming ever more popular,” says the organisation’s head of policy Richard Koch.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays