More than 60 contactless transactions took place every second across the UK during the month of February, The UK Cards Association reveals. In total, there were 159.1m contactless transactions, with the average payment sitting at £8.28. “With more than 60 transactions taking place a second, it is clear contactless card payments are becoming ever more popular,” says the organisation’s head of policy Richard Koch.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India