Nearly a third of European consumers (32%) have now made an in-store mobile payment, research by Fujitsu shows, while 22% have adopted wearable technologies. 44% still use cash every day, 37% would consider leaving their current bank or insurer if they don’t offer up-to-date technology, 47% would let banks or insurers use their data to recommend relevant products and services and 44% want their data used to keep them informed of their spending habits.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole