Nearly a third of European consumers (32%) have now made an in-store mobile payment, research by Fujitsu shows, while 22% have adopted wearable technologies. 44% still use cash every day, 37% would consider leaving their current bank or insurer if they don’t offer up-to-date technology, 47% would let banks or insurers use their data to recommend relevant products and services and 44% want their data used to keep them informed of their spending habits.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users