Some 15m contactless cards were in circulation in the Netherlands in 2015, equivalent to 45.5% of all payment cards, according to research from Timetric. “ABN Amro Bank added contactless function to all its payment cards in December 2015,” the firm says. “Similarly, ING Bank and Rabobank are replacing their existing cards with contactless-enabled payment cards. Banks and telecom operators are also introducing contactless mobile payment solutions to their customers.”
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards