Some 15m contactless cards were in circulation in the Netherlands in 2015, equivalent to 45.5% of all payment cards, according to research from Timetric. “ABN Amro Bank added contactless function to all its payment cards in December 2015,” the firm says. “Similarly, ING Bank and Rabobank are replacing their existing cards with contactless-enabled payment cards. Banks and telecom operators are also introducing contactless mobile payment solutions to their customers.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network