Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has partnered with IT services company Wipro for the launch of its payments bank, which is expected in the first quarter of this fiscal year. “Wipro will implement core-banking solutions for Paytm and also the programme to manage the integration of other key systems,” says The Economic Times. The company plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India