Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has partnered with IT services company Wipro for the launch of its payments bank, which is expected in the first quarter of this fiscal year. “Wipro will implement core-banking solutions for Paytm and also the programme to manage the integration of other key systems,” says The Economic Times. The company plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain