Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has partnered with IT services company Wipro for the launch of its payments bank, which is expected in the first quarter of this fiscal year. “Wipro will implement core-banking solutions for Paytm and also the programme to manage the integration of other key systems,” says The Economic Times. The company plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit