The State Bank of Vietnam has instructed banks to “quickly carry out a plan to convert all magnetic cards into chip cards to prevent fraud”, according to Vietnam News. “Besides security, the conversion to the new card is also meant to get infrastructure ready for the application of new payment technologies in the near future,” the publication reports. “Five banks will be chosen to trial the conversion and other banks will follow suit.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole