The State Bank of Vietnam has instructed banks to “quickly carry out a plan to convert all magnetic cards into chip cards to prevent fraud”, according to Vietnam News. “Besides security, the conversion to the new card is also meant to get infrastructure ready for the application of new payment technologies in the near future,” the publication reports. “Five banks will be chosen to trial the conversion and other banks will follow suit.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?