The EMV Migration Forum has released a white paper that explains the requirements for testing and certifying contact and contactless chip-enabled terminals and details the most up-to-date requirements and processes from the global payment networks. The ‘EMV Testing and Certification White Paper: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the US Acquiring Community’ identifies use cases when testing or retesting is required for EMV chip and contactless terminals, when retesting is recommended as best practice and when only standard internal testing is advised.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers