The EMV Migration Forum has released a white paper that explains the requirements for testing and certifying contact and contactless chip-enabled terminals and details the most up-to-date requirements and processes from the global payment networks. The ‘EMV Testing and Certification White Paper: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the US Acquiring Community’ identifies use cases when testing or retesting is required for EMV chip and contactless terminals, when retesting is recommended as best practice and when only standard internal testing is advised.
- UK upgrades to smart rail tickets, looks to introduce innovative new types of fare
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria