The EMV Migration Forum has released a white paper that explains the requirements for testing and certifying contact and contactless chip-enabled terminals and details the most up-to-date requirements and processes from the global payment networks. The ‘EMV Testing and Certification White Paper: Current Global Payment Network Requirements for the US Acquiring Community’ identifies use cases when testing or retesting is required for EMV chip and contactless terminals, when retesting is recommended as best practice and when only standard internal testing is advised.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends