Mobile barcode beaming technology provider Mobeam has processed more than 40m in-store transactions and is now handling more than 2m transactions per month through apps from multiple retailers as well as the company’s own Beep’nGo service. “Mobeam currently operates on more than 375m Samsung phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology to other market leading devices,” the company says.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay