Mobile barcode beaming technology provider Mobeam has processed more than 40m in-store transactions and is now handling more than 2m transactions per month through apps from multiple retailers as well as the company’s own Beep’nGo service. “Mobeam currently operates on more than 375m Samsung phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology to other market leading devices,” the company says.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022