Mobile barcode beaming technology provider Mobeam has processed more than 40m in-store transactions and is now handling more than 2m transactions per month through apps from multiple retailers as well as the company’s own Beep’nGo service. “Mobeam currently operates on more than 375m Samsung phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology to other market leading devices,” the company says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service