Mobile barcode beaming technology provider Mobeam has processed more than 40m in-store transactions and is now handling more than 2m transactions per month through apps from multiple retailers as well as the company’s own Beep’nGo service. “Mobeam currently operates on more than 375m Samsung phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology to other market leading devices,” the company says.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa