Customers of State Bank of India (SBI) can now make QR code-based mobile payments using mVisa, the mobile payment platform unveiled by Visa and piloted by SBI in August 2015. “Bank customers can simply download the latest version of SBI Anywhere application and register for mVisa payments by simply clicking the mVisa icon on the home screen,” SBI says. “In the first phase, SBI’s mVisa service has been introduced in Bangalore city — this facility will be gradually expanded to other cities.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?