Customers of State Bank of India (SBI) can now make QR code-based mobile payments using mVisa, the mobile payment platform unveiled by Visa and piloted by SBI in August 2015. “Bank customers can simply download the latest version of SBI Anywhere application and register for mVisa payments by simply clicking the mVisa icon on the home screen,” SBI says. “In the first phase, SBI’s mVisa service has been introduced in Bangalore city — this facility will be gradually expanded to other cities.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole