Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay has launched the BitPay Visa Card, a debit card that will let US consumers make payments with the virtual currency wherever Visa is accepted and make ATM withdrawals. “The BitPay Card can be loaded in seconds from any Bitcoin wallet,” the company says. “There are zero fees on Bitcoin top-ups and you can load up to $10,000 per day in spendable funds.” BitPay announced plans to launch an NFC mobile payment app in November 2014.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan