Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay has launched the BitPay Visa Card, a debit card that will let US consumers make payments with the virtual currency wherever Visa is accepted and make ATM withdrawals. “The BitPay Card can be loaded in seconds from any Bitcoin wallet,” the company says. “There are zero fees on Bitcoin top-ups and you can load up to $10,000 per day in spendable funds.” BitPay announced plans to launch an NFC mobile payment app in November 2014.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet