Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay has launched the BitPay Visa Card, a debit card that will let US consumers make payments with the virtual currency wherever Visa is accepted and make ATM withdrawals. “The BitPay Card can be loaded in seconds from any Bitcoin wallet,” the company says. “There are zero fees on Bitcoin top-ups and you can load up to $10,000 per day in spendable funds.” BitPay announced plans to launch an NFC mobile payment app in November 2014.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments