Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay has launched the BitPay Visa Card, a debit card that will let US consumers make payments with the virtual currency wherever Visa is accepted and make ATM withdrawals. “The BitPay Card can be loaded in seconds from any Bitcoin wallet,” the company says. “There are zero fees on Bitcoin top-ups and you can load up to $10,000 per day in spendable funds.” BitPay announced plans to launch an NFC mobile payment app in November 2014.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands