UK consumers will soon be rewarded whenever they are physically active with Sweatcoin — a virtual currency that can be earned by exercising and then exchanged at select retailers via a mobile app set to launch next week. “Sweatcoin offers one coin for every 1,000 steps,” Reuters reports. “Within weeks, users can have enough to exchange for fitness products or services in its marketplace. Rewards include Vivobarefoot running shoes, Kumira infra-red clothing and fitness classes from Wonderush or BoomCycle.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?