Social messaging service WhatsApp may soon enable users to send group invites and join groups via links, NFC and QR codes. “This would make it easier for businesses and communities to get more people inside their group without having to manually invite each and every person through their phone number,” Android Police reports.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency