Social messaging service WhatsApp may soon enable users to send group invites and join groups via links, NFC and QR codes. “This would make it easier for businesses and communities to get more people inside their group without having to manually invite each and every person through their phone number,” Android Police reports.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service