Motorola‘s forthcoming budget phone — the new Moto G — is to come in two variants and will include NFC, a components chart published on Twitter has revealed, making it the first Moto G to feature the technology. “The new phone is also expected to have a fingerprint scanner, since a Lenovo executive said earlier this year that all Motorola-branded phones would have fingerprint scanners in 2016,” The Verge reports. The new Moto G is expected to be unveiled on May 17.
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system