Motorola‘s forthcoming budget phone — the new Moto G — is to come in two variants and will include NFC, a components chart published on Twitter has revealed, making it the first Moto G to feature the technology. “The new phone is also expected to have a fingerprint scanner, since a Lenovo executive said earlier this year that all Motorola-branded phones would have fingerprint scanners in 2016,” The Verge reports. The new Moto G is expected to be unveiled on May 17.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February