Motorola‘s forthcoming budget phone — the new Moto G — is to come in two variants and will include NFC, a components chart published on Twitter has revealed, making it the first Moto G to feature the technology. “The new phone is also expected to have a fingerprint scanner, since a Lenovo executive said earlier this year that all Motorola-branded phones would have fingerprint scanners in 2016,” The Verge reports. The new Moto G is expected to be unveiled on May 17.
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland