Visitors to London’s Barbican art gallery will soon be able to make a charitable donation on their way in by tapping their phone or contactless card against contactless donation points. “The gallery will fix a donation point at the entrance to its free Curve gallery,” The Times reports. “Other galleries, museums and charities are to adopt the technology, signalling the end of the collection tin.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works