PARTNER NEWS: Canadian national debit network Interac is using its Interac Token Service Provider (TSP) platform to support Apple Pay transactions made using its debit cards in Canada. The TSP solution was developed in partnership with tokenization and mobile payment specialist Bell ID in February 2016 and “[allows] Interac to support Apple Pay integration with secure tokenisation services,” Bell ID says. Support for Interac debit cards through Apple Pay went live on May 10.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points