Australia’s ANZ bank has reported a surge in applications for credit cards and deposit accounts since it added support for Apple Pay in April 2016, forcing “other major banks to re-enter negotiations with the technology giant,” says The Sydney Morning Herald. “The main sticking point continues to be how to divide up the billions of dollars of fee income banks earn from processing payments.” Online credit card applications have risen 20% since the Apple Pay deal was announced.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays