TD Bank and Scotiabank will soon support Apple Pay in Canada, following the announcement that MasterCard, Visa, Interac and five other banks have also added their support to the mobile payment service. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes