TD Bank and Scotiabank will soon support Apple Pay in Canada, following the announcement that MasterCard, Visa, Interac and five other banks have also added their support to the mobile payment service. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities