Swedish mobile payments specialist Seamless has been granted authorisation to issue electronic money by Finansinspektionen, the country’s financial supervisory authority. “This means that Seqr users can send and receive money, worldwide, in real time,” the company says. “Under the terms of the authorisation, Seqr can also be used by minors. Money received can be accessed instantly to make payments anywhere in the world where NFC payments are accepted.”
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards