Cornèr Bank has signed an agreement with Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch to make its Cornèrcard available for payments on the Swatch Bellamy NFC watch from mid-June. “Clients can sign up with the bank, pre-load the watch with funds and start shopping in Switzerland and around the world wherever Visa contactless is accepted,” Swatch says. Swatch confirmed its agreement with Visa and Visa Europe to roll out the NFC payments watch in the US, Switzerland and Brazil in November 2015.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay