Cornèr Bank has signed an agreement with Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch to make its Cornèrcard available for payments on the Swatch Bellamy NFC watch from mid-June. “Clients can sign up with the bank, pre-load the watch with funds and start shopping in Switzerland and around the world wherever Visa contactless is accepted,” Swatch says. Swatch confirmed its agreement with Visa and Visa Europe to roll out the NFC payments watch in the US, Switzerland and Brazil in November 2015.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments