Cornèr Bank has signed an agreement with Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch to make its Cornèrcard available for payments on the Swatch Bellamy NFC watch from mid-June. “Clients can sign up with the bank, pre-load the watch with funds and start shopping in Switzerland and around the world wherever Visa contactless is accepted,” Swatch says. Swatch confirmed its agreement with Visa and Visa Europe to roll out the NFC payments watch in the US, Switzerland and Brazil in November 2015.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones