US supermarket giant Walmart has filed a lawsuit against Visa for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with their chip-based debit cards,” according to CNBC. “The retail giant filed a lawsuit in New York court, saying that Visa wouldn’t allow Walmart to just use the chip & PIN protocol and that it was required to allow customers to sign when using a chip debit card,” the CNBC website reports. The EMV liability shift took place across the US in October 2015.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India