US supermarket giant Walmart has filed a lawsuit against Visa for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with their chip-based debit cards,” according to CNBC. “The retail giant filed a lawsuit in New York court, saying that Visa wouldn’t allow Walmart to just use the chip & PIN protocol and that it was required to allow customers to sign when using a chip debit card,” the CNBC website reports. The EMV liability shift took place across the US in October 2015.
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay
- Free Galaxy S7 offer for Samsung Pay’s UAE launch