US supermarket giant Walmart has filed a lawsuit against Visa for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with their chip-based debit cards,” according to CNBC. “The retail giant filed a lawsuit in New York court, saying that Visa wouldn’t allow Walmart to just use the chip & PIN protocol and that it was required to allow customers to sign when using a chip debit card,” the CNBC website reports. The EMV liability shift took place across the US in October 2015.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program