The Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon market will more than double in 2016, remaining on track to break 400m shipments by 2021, ABI Research forecasts. “Beacons are also going to have an effect on mobile advertising,” the firm says. “The dedicated beacon advertising market will grow strongly, but collaboration and aggregation of networks will also be a developing trend in 2016.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases