The UK launch of Google’s Android Pay mobile payment service is imminent, according to The Telegraph, after notices appeared on payment terminals at a London branch of fast food chain Pret A Manger. “According to employees at this particular Pret store, the ‘We now accept Android Pay’ tags arrived overnight and have been displayed in stores from this morning,” the publication reports. Google confirmed in March 2016 that Android Pay would be launching across the UK in the next few months.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info