The UK launch of Google’s Android Pay mobile payment service is imminent, according to The Telegraph, after notices appeared on payment terminals at a London branch of fast food chain Pret A Manger. “According to employees at this particular Pret store, the ‘We now accept Android Pay’ tags arrived overnight and have been displayed in stores from this morning,” the publication reports. Google confirmed in March 2016 that Android Pay would be launching across the UK in the next few months.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes