The UK launch of Google’s Android Pay mobile payment service is imminent, according to The Telegraph, after notices appeared on payment terminals at a London branch of fast food chain Pret A Manger. “According to employees at this particular Pret store, the ‘We now accept Android Pay’ tags arrived overnight and have been displayed in stores from this morning,” the publication reports. Google confirmed in March 2016 that Android Pay would be launching across the UK in the next few months.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump