Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info