Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain