Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service