Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay