Orange is to introduce NFC into its Orange Money service by the end of this year, allowing users to make payments by tapping an NFC sticker on their mobile phone on an NFC reader supplied by French startup Famoco. “Ultimately, we should sell between 40,000 and 50,000 readers to Orange,” Lionel Baraban, co-founder of Famoco, told French publication Le Monde. NFC will be added to the service in the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service