Australian banks ANZ and Westpac are completing plans to launch Android Pay in the country “mid this calendar year”, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. “ANZ and Westpac, including its subsidiaries St George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank of South Australia, will join Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, ING Direct, Macquarie Bank and Cuscal as the first to offer Visa, MasterCard and Eftpos on Android Pay,” the publication says. Google announced its plans for an Australian launch of Android Pay in December 2015.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills