Australian banks ANZ and Westpac are completing plans to launch Android Pay in the country “mid this calendar year”, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. “ANZ and Westpac, including its subsidiaries St George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank of South Australia, will join Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, ING Direct, Macquarie Bank and Cuscal as the first to offer Visa, MasterCard and Eftpos on Android Pay,” the publication says. Google announced its plans for an Australian launch of Android Pay in December 2015.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works