Commuters across the US city of Dallas and surrounding areas can now pay for travel using a GoPass NFC card launched by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Blackhawk Network. The card can be topped up using cash at nearly 800 stores served by electronic cash transaction network PayNearMe. “DART’s GoPass mobile app will allow riders to present the app on their smartphone to a store clerk within PayNearMe’s retail network and pay in cash to load DART fare value just as if they are making a purchase in store,” DART says.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards