Commuters across the US city of Dallas and surrounding areas can now pay for travel using a GoPass NFC card launched by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Blackhawk Network. The card can be topped up using cash at nearly 800 stores served by electronic cash transaction network PayNearMe. “DART’s GoPass mobile app will allow riders to present the app on their smartphone to a store clerk within PayNearMe’s retail network and pay in cash to load DART fare value just as if they are making a purchase in store,” DART says.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents