PARTNER NEWS: NXP has introduced a point-of-sale reader solution — SLN-POS-RDR — that will enable customers to develop and launch contact and contactless payment systems into the market. “The solution platform is the first to leverage and combine NXP’s market leading contact payment card reader silicon and a high-power NFC contactless frontend solution (PN5180),” the company says. “The POS reader solution is available now to lead customers, shipping to new customers in Q3.”
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China