Samsung and Chinese internet giant Alibaba are to announce a collaboration on mobile payment systems this week, according to Yonhap News Agency. “The partnership with Alipay will allow Samsung Pay users to make payments for their offline purchases using Alipay’s QR codes and barcode scanners,” the publication reports.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?