More than one in 10 (13%) of those using Barclaycard’s host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service are over 50 years old, while 10% are aged under 25, Barclaycard has revealed. “2% of users are over 65 year olds and the oldest customer registered and using the service is 86,” the company says. “So far, over £600,000 has been spent through the app.” The service was launched in January 2016.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks