More than one in 10 (13%) of those using Barclaycard’s host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service are over 50 years old, while 10% are aged under 25, Barclaycard has revealed. “2% of users are over 65 year olds and the oldest customer registered and using the service is 86,” the company says. “So far, over £600,000 has been spent through the app.” The service was launched in January 2016.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes