More than one in 10 (13%) of those using Barclaycard’s host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service are over 50 years old, while 10% are aged under 25, Barclaycard has revealed. “2% of users are over 65 year olds and the oldest customer registered and using the service is 86,” the company says. “So far, over £600,000 has been spent through the app.” The service was launched in January 2016.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement