More than one in 10 (13%) of those using Barclaycard’s host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service are over 50 years old, while 10% are aged under 25, Barclaycard has revealed. “2% of users are over 65 year olds and the oldest customer registered and using the service is 86,” the company says. “So far, over £600,000 has been spent through the app.” The service was launched in January 2016.
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps