More than one in 10 (13%) of those using Barclaycard’s host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service are over 50 years old, while 10% are aged under 25, Barclaycard has revealed. “2% of users are over 65 year olds and the oldest customer registered and using the service is 86,” the company says. “So far, over £600,000 has been spent through the app.” The service was launched in January 2016.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers