The average UK adult made 20 card payments per month in 2015, of which around one in 10 were contactless, research released by Payments UK reveals. “By 2025, we are predicted to use a debit, credit or charge card virtually every day and almost half of these transactions, 14 per month, will be contactless,” the organisation says. “Many of these payments may be made using a mobile phone.” Payments UK also predicts that by 2025, cash will only be used for 27% of payments.
- Target to launch mobile payment service this year
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay