UK commuters travelling on MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus services can now pay using contactless cards following an expansion of Transport for London’s (TfL) services. “The payment method can now be used on all MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus routes, which cover around 28 kilometers of the Thames between Putney and Woolwich Arsenal,” TfL says. The transport organisation recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London between September 2014 and June last year.
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico