Customers of Chili’s Grill & Bar across the US will soon be able to pay for orders through Android Pay by tapping their phone against a pay-at-the-table tablet from Ziosk. The new functionality, which was unveiled at Google I/O, will be available in all of the chain’s restaurants from the third quarter of 2016. “Additionally, Chili’s guests can effortlessly enroll, login and access My Chili’s Rewards via Android wallet to leverage loyalty points and mobile payment for future restaurant visits,” Ziosk says.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities