Customers of Chili’s Grill & Bar across the US will soon be able to pay for orders through Android Pay by tapping their phone against a pay-at-the-table tablet from Ziosk. The new functionality, which was unveiled at Google I/O, will be available in all of the chain’s restaurants from the third quarter of 2016. “Additionally, Chili’s guests can effortlessly enroll, login and access My Chili’s Rewards via Android wallet to leverage loyalty points and mobile payment for future restaurant visits,” Ziosk says.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID