Half of US adults now use mobile banking, with the number of users increasing by 29m since last year, research released by Javelin reveals. “This dramatic shift in consumers’ channel preferences puts pressure on financial institutions to innovate in the space to meet increased demand for mobile functionality,” the firm says.
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts
- Russian banks roll out mobile P2P payments