Apple Pay will experience greater success than Android Pay and will “grow exceptionally based on a belief that Apple Pay using a Secure Enclave/secure element inside of iOS has an advantage over Android Pay’s host card emulation (HCE) in that it’s more secure, with a similar user experience,” according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. “We believe that Apple Pay will offer the most seamless payment experience on iOS regardless of whether its in-app, in-browser or in-store,” Barron’s reports Munster as saying.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents