LG is expected to launch its LG Pay mobile payment service in September, according to ETNews. “LG Pay is going to be released in September as a form of ‘all-in-one card’ that will become the world’s first mobile payment with IC (integrated circuit) chip,” the publication reports. The company announced it had developed an electronic LG Pay White Card that will let users register multiple credit cards for in-store payments and ATM withdrawals in January 2016 and confirmed its plans to launch the service in November 2015.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents