Apple has been granted a patent from the US Patent and Trademark Office for a service that would store vehicle keys on an iPhone. “Apple’s granted patent generally relates to wireless communication between computing devices and, more particularly, to using portable computing devices to access a vehicle,” Patently Apple reports. The service would let users open their car doors, start the engine and shut it off for specific time periods and program personalised vehicle settings.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform