Apple has been granted a patent from the US Patent and Trademark Office for a service that would store vehicle keys on an iPhone. “Apple’s granted patent generally relates to wireless communication between computing devices and, more particularly, to using portable computing devices to access a vehicle,” Patently Apple reports. The service would let users open their car doors, start the engine and shut it off for specific time periods and program personalised vehicle settings.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India