Apple has been granted a patent from the US Patent and Trademark Office for a service that would store vehicle keys on an iPhone. “Apple’s granted patent generally relates to wireless communication between computing devices and, more particularly, to using portable computing devices to access a vehicle,” Patently Apple reports. The service would let users open their car doors, start the engine and shut it off for specific time periods and program personalised vehicle settings.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent