Samsung Pay will launch in Spain next week, marking the mobile payment service’s first expansion into Europe, City A.M. reports. Samsung is also “working on features beyond tap and pay to set it apart when it launches later this year in the UK,” the publication says. Samsung Pay announced its global expansion plans during a keynote at Mobile World Congress in February 2016.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends