Samsung Pay will launch in Spain next week, marking the mobile payment service’s first expansion into Europe, City A.M. reports. Samsung is also “working on features beyond tap and pay to set it apart when it launches later this year in the UK,” the publication says. Samsung Pay announced its global expansion plans during a keynote at Mobile World Congress in February 2016.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service